Friday, June 12, 2009

Quotations from the Bible

I put on righteousness, and it clothed me: my judgment was as a robe and a diadem. I was eyes to the blind, and feet was I to the lame. ~Job 29:14-15
But ask now the beasts, and they shall teach thee; and the fowls of the air, and they shall tell thee: Or speak to the earth, and it shall teach thee: and the fishes of the sea shall declare unto thee. ~Job 12:7-8
And thou shalt take no gift: for the gift blindeth the wise, and perverteth the words of the righteous. ~Exodus 23:8
Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it. ~Psalms 34:14
A day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness. ~Psalms 84:10
Mercy and truth are met together; righteousness and peace have kissed each other. Truth shall spring out of the earth; and righteousness shall look down from heaven. ~Psalms 85:10-11
So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom. ~Psalms 90:12
I understand more than the ancients, because I keep thy precepts. ~Psalms 119:100

They that sow in tears shall reap joy. ~Psalms 126:5
Her ways are ways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace. ~Proverbs 3:17
Better is a dinner of herbs where love is, than a stalled ox and hatred therewith. ~Proverbs 15:17
Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones. ~Proverbs 16:24






No comments:

Post a Comment